Fill 'er up and let's roll


Zion Public Radio (ZPR) was conceived on a Sabbath day in late July last year. That’s when a philanthropist came to visit me in Nashville, Tennessee. She said, “I have done my due diligence and will provide the start-up funding for Zion Public Radio.”

That meant $100,000 to $250,000.

“But first,” she continued, “you need to incorporate and get official recognition from the IRS.”

I was ecstatic. We immediately incorporated. I immediately immersed myself in completion of the IRS application for official approval. My co-founder and I made immediate plans to produce pilot programs: you-are-there interviews of Israelis in their land, their nation: Israel.

Those programs were produced. And they are awesome. There is nothing else like them on the Internet, on the radio or anywhere in the world.

But hey. Listen for yourself. Those programs are right here, on this site. (Click on the links at the top of the page.)

On 27 December 2007 Zion Public Radio was added to the IRS list of recognized nonprofits.

We were ready to roll.

I called our benefactor with the wonderful news.

“Congratulations,” she began. “And yes, I know what I told you. But I have prayed about it, and G-d has told me to put my money someplace else. My decision is final. I wish you all the best. Goodbye.”

So. ZPR is like a brand new car sitting in the driveway. It’s beautiful and paid for. Donations this year have been enough to start the engine and let it idle now and then. But not enough to put it into gear and drive it toward our destination. Not yet.

Great news: we have a business plan that will produce the long-term fuel that’s needed. All that’s needed to implement that plan is one year’s tank of gasoline.

What I mean is that we have a viable strategy to generate money needed to operate and grow, to run, Zion Public Radio. But in order to make that strategy work, we need a few dollars to get it chuggin’, pumping out the fuel we know that, with G-d’s blessing, it will produce.

Help us fill the tank. Let’s get ZPR on the road, on the air, with purpose, style and pride. This is a far, far greater thing we do than almost anything we've ever done.





Just click on the icon above. It will take you to
our PayPal link where you can give b
y bank transfer
or credit
card. You do not have to have a PayPal account.


0 comments: